- The recent political upheaval and the Covid-19 pandemic have put enormous challenges before Penang’s cruise industry.
- Policy makers in the Penang Cruise Industry need to study seriously the possibility of carrying through idea of homeporting Swettenham Pier.
- Stakeholders in general will have to be bold and imaginative in identifying and embracing new opportunities that will come as the cruise liner market realigns itself worldwide.
- The traditional heavy dependence on foreign tourists should be remedied, and a stronger focus put on stimulated domestic tourism.
- All is not lost if the major stakeholders can work together towards a tight cooperation to sail the cruise industry through the Covid-19 perfect storm.