Needed to provide statistical support to the Institute for the facilitation of informed decision and policy-making in Penang, and to maintain public access to key statistical information on Penang and Malaysia. This position is based in Penang.
- Creating and maintaining databases using statistical software programmes, such as R programming and Tableau;
- Managing, monitoring and updating statistical database;
- Gathering data, applying statistical and analytical techniques, formulas and calculations to data;
- Ensuring data integrity by performing rigorous cleaning, error checking and validation;
- Providing statistical knowledge and techniques for primary research;
- Establishing and maintaining good connections with state and federal government departments for mutual sharing of primary and secondary data;
- Working closely with researchers and collaborators in big data collection;
- Presenting statistical findings and analytical writing for Penang Monthly Statistics column, and stakeholders meetings as requested by the Head of Department and the Executive Director; and
- Other related roles requested by the Executive Director.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- At least a Bachelor’s degree in statistics, mathematics, data science, or computer science or an equivalent degree programme with a focus on statistical methods with a minimum CGPA of 3.0.
- Proficiency in big databases using Excel, R and Tableau.
- Two years of experience working as a statistician, or in a similar role.
- Good data visualisation and reporting skills.
- Keen attention to detail and excellent record-keeping skills.
- Strong knowledge of statistical methods, techniques, formulas and tests.
- Good ability in describing and interpreting data, as well as preparing analyses.
- Experience in handling social and economic data will be an added advantage.
- Bilingual or multilingual proficiency is a plus.
Please send in your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly attach your Cover Letter and a CV for us to process your application. Incomplete applications will not be entertained.