Assistant Editor serves as key contact person and coordinator for assigned publications, performs a variety of editorial duties, writes occasional articles and supports senior editorial staff in all aspects of the administration, commissioning, planning and production of Penang Monthly.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience Required:
- Master’s Degree in Communications, Business Administration or equivalent to a minimum CGPA of 3.00.
- At least 5 years of working experience in relevant fields.
- Strong command of the English language, both written and spoken.
- Experienced in creative copywriting, proofreading and research.
- Experienced in social media and digital marketing, as well as corporate communications and public relations.
- Possess problem-solving, critical thinking and analytical skills.
- Be imaginative, creative and energetic in the development of the magazine online.
- Be comfortable with editing work even of established writers.
- Willing to work efficiently in a highly demanding and time-sensitive environment.
- Based in Penang.
- Good local knowledge about Penang is of great advantage.
- An ideal candidate will be someone who has corporate experience and is well versed with the state administration in Penang.
Please send in your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly attach your Application Letter, CV and some of your original writing or a writing portfolio useful to the evaluation of your application. Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
Application closing date: 15 May 2022