The Administrative Assistant assists Management in the daily operations of the Institute. You will be a point of contact for all employees, providing administrative support and managing their queries; as well as the point of contact for general/public enquiries.
- To coordinate, organise, and support Penang Institute events including but not limited to technical support (e.g. live streaming, recording, P.A. system, etc), logistics and facilities arrangement, and any other tasks when the need arises;
- To liaise and negotiate with vendors and suppliers;
- To assist in Penang Institute’s building management;
- To provide technical support to all employees;
- To assist in monitoring the rental of Penang Institute’s hall and other facilities, provide tenant support and maintain the tenant record;
- To support front office management including but not limited to greeting and welcoming guests, receiving and delivering all incoming and outgoing mail and packages, answering all calls and directing as needed, scheduling meetings, and coordinating office activities; and
- To assist in data collection and/or entry for Penang Institute’s research;
Duties and Responsibilities
- At least a Diploma in relevant discipline with relevant working experience;
- Possess good communication skills in English;
- Bilingual or multilingual proficiency is a plus;
- Able to perform under demanding and time-sensitive environment;
- Able to work outside normal office hours as and when required;
- Able to proactively handle any arising issues and troubleshoot any emerging problems on the event day;
- Proficiency in various event software; and
- Based in Penang.
Minimum Qualifications and Experiences Required
Please send in your application to firstname.lastname@example.org. Kindly attach your Cover Letter and a CV for us to process your application. Incomplete applications will not be entertained.