We undertake research into areas concerning growth of emerging economies such as China, Malaysia, and ASEAN; corporate governance; financial supervision and sustainable development. Topics that have been covered include why certain developing countries are stuck in the middle income trap, illegal insider trading and taxation policies.
Vacancies in Economics Studies
Analyst – Economics Studies
We are looking for a person to join our team of researchers working on socio-economic research projects. The person should be available for at least one year on a full-time basis.
- To compile, verify and maintain socio-economic database;
- To liaise with agencies providing data;
- To carry out analysis on research projects;
- To participate in company level surveying;
- To conduct interview with industry players and stakeholders;
- To synthesize current business intelligence or trend data;
- To compile reports on specific elements of the research projects; and
- To perform tasks required by the Senior Executive Officers, and/or Chief Executive Officer.
Desired Skills and Experiences:
- Academic Qualifications: Bachelor degree in Economics, Mathematics and/or other related field;
- Strong interest in socio-economic research;
- Good analytical skills;
- Good spoken and written English;
- Good interpersonal and communication skills;
- Proactive, willing to learn and dedicated;
- Willing to undertake extensive field work; and
- Preferably knowledge/expertise in labour market economics.